Friday, May 13, 2005

Monument of My Love

EGYPT. What an experience. A place where pharoahs build monuments of greatness from the day they become the pharoah till the day they die. The afterlife is eternal. Thereby my monument must be eternal. So they say. And so they have proven with their structures of 3,000 to 5,000 years. Magnificent to behold until today.
ABU SIMBEL. The place where Egypt's greatest king, Ramses II met his most beloved wife. Neferteti. The most beautiful one. One whose beauty still haunts us. Abu Simbel. The place where he erected the greatest symbol of his love. An eternal monument that will outlast the Taj Mahal.
QUESTIONS. What will the monument of my love be? Will my monument outlast Abu Simbel? I don't think so. But I want to believe that what Man can do, Men can do. Why can't I build an eternal monument too? I want to be a person whose love is great enough to move mountains.
SOULMATE. Ahhh. Where are you my dear that I may start to move those mountains? Where are you my dear that I may start to lay stone by stone, gravel by gravel the foundation of my eternal love? I await thee.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

Hugs. Someday some lucky girl will inspire you to build a magnificent monument.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home