Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Struggle To Fulfill Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Needs. Sigh, we are always in need. And imagine the lengths we all go through to fulfill them. First is the need for food. Somebody recently said, "Any there anymore starving people in this world?" Certainly not in my country. You will only starve if you don't do anything about it. So that's qute settled.
Next comes the need for security. It used to be a roof over your head but now it has gone to "Which neighbourhood are you located?" "Don't live there, it's not safe." Of course, security needs can be fulfilled by money. You've got enough of it, you can live like a king. Not that I fall into that category but we make do, don't we.
After that comes the need for Love. This is where my quandary comes. This is currently where my needs are greatest. The need to have a family to call my own. The need for my invalid mother brought down by stroke to at least cuddle a grandchild before she goes off far far away. It's like that's the only thing she knows how to utter. Everytime I see her. "Go forth & proceate my Son !" Of course it's not said as stylishly but I know it from the look on her eyes, the twitch of her nose and the struggle she goes through to make herself understood.

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Aurora said...

Welcome to blogging!! Yeah, hardly the wittiest comment to grace your pages but hurrah for the wonders of technology :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home