Saturday, June 18, 2005

Finding My True Values

It is such a relief to finally understand what my values and self worth is. It has taken me all of 31 1/2 years to finally discover what is important to me. And it was triggered by a heartbreak. So, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pain that helped me transcend my current world view.

Mmm. What is that thing which gives me self worth? I love to help people. I will always place the well-being of the people I care about above my own well-being.

Somebody told me that's not good for myself. I said that what gives me pleasure is making the people I care about happy. I will push myself and improve myself if it means making more people happy. That has always been my creed and that has always been what makes me happy.

Of course, there are times, when I sacrifice myself to someone who doesn't know how to appreciate it, I feel sad and hurt. But, that still does not turn me away from the pleasure of helping people. Of seeing people grow. The joy of seeing the reflection of the "Eureka" sign blinking in their eyes.

Oooh ! That's pleasure for me. That is my ultimate self value. The ability to bring joy and enlightenment (of course in my own way) to the people whom I care about.

Ahhh ! There are more people to care about. There are more soulmates to encounter. There is still light in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home