Saturday, July 02, 2005

ORGASM Switches off Part of A Woman's Brain

Far be it from me to Tabloidize something Tabloidable but this article that I received on my email just today really has a place in my ... (I'm in danger of changing Minishorts rating of my blog from U to 18SX - but still no swear words haha)

Orgasm Switches Off Part of a Woman's Brain

http://betterhumans.com

If you're a Seinfeld fan, you'll probably remember The Abstinence episode where George stops having sex and gets smarter, while Elaine abstains and becomes dumber.

Although you can't put much scientific reliance on a Seinfeld episode, researchers at the University of Groningen have discovered that sex does affect the female brain.

Unlike Elaine, who lost brainpower when she stopped having sex, the team found that several areas of a woman's brain turn off during orgasm.

For the study, the researchers gathered 13 healthy women and asked them to lie with their heads in a PET scanner while they were being sexually stimulated.

The PET scan revealed that as the women were turned on, activity increased in the somatosensory cortex, the part of the brain that controls senses. However, activity dramatically dropped in the amygdala and hippocampus, the areas associated with alertness and anxiety.

The researchers believe the drop in activity in certain areas of the brain has an evolutionary function--everyone knows that women can't have sex if they're anxious--so as a woman becomes aroused, this part of the brain becomes inactive, letting the instinct to reproduce (senses) take over.

A similar study has already been performed on men, however, their brains had far less deactivation.

Next up, the team hope to look at what happens to the brain immediately following an orgasm.

The research was reported in Copenhagen, Denmark at the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

SOURCE: Better Humans


Guys, how many times have you felt that you have given your all to satisfy the one you love and yet you don't get much of a response ? Or you feel that she's faking it - yeah we guys can sometimes tell the difference - and there's not much you can do about it ?

She's well lubricated but she just can't come ? I think it's probably due to some oher stuff - mostly concerns about life and the universe in General (like, uh I hope my boyfriend doesn't find out about this - Damn I forgot to finish my daily report - hmm can I close that mega deal I've been working on - God, I think I forgot to lock the door to the room - oops have I taken the PILL yet - I think I'm late) that just can't seem to get her up.

Well, after reading this article, things seem to fall into place - Ooooh I've had a Eureka moment. I now know why no amount of visualing Einstein's E=MC squared or Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle or fergodsakes Thermodynamic Principles is going to prolong (by much) my ejaculation time - if it's gotta come, it's gotta come - sheesh - there goes the macho I can go at it for half the night fantasy :-(

Seriously, this changes the way I view ORGASMs both male and female.

Guys, we gotta learn to distract the Girls from those intellectual ruminations during the act or can we do that by humping those thoughts out of them?

Girls, what do you think we Guys can do to give you a better ..... time ?



12 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute.... ain't hippocampus a seahorse??

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Aurora said...

Mind-blowing sex is just that - it begins in the mind and ideally ends with a bang (pun intended) in the nether regions. A powerful imagination coupled with the simple act of just paying attention to the physical clues exuded by your partner during the act WILL translate into toecurling sex. No faking required.

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Cilipadi said...

Interesting article.
But IMHO,great mind-blowing sex comes from understanding,communication and plenty of FOREPLAY.I really have to stress foreplay coz it seems most guys just miss out on this part and go straight to the action.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger musica said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about retrogade ejaculation also we have retrogade ejaculation It pretty much covers retrogade ejaculation help and other similar topics available.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger musica said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about retrogade ejaculation also we have retrogade ejaculation It pretty much covers retrogade ejaculation help and other similar topics available.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger musica said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about retrogade ejaculation also we have retrogade ejaculation It pretty much covers retrogade ejaculation help and other similar topics available.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger musica said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about retrogade ejaculation also we have retrogade ejaculation It pretty much covers retrogade ejaculation help and other similar topics available.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger musica said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about retrogade ejaculation also we have retrogade ejaculation It pretty much covers retrogade ejaculation help and other similar topics available.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home